Sergio Pérez, Pink Bull Racing – Picture courtesy Pink Bull Content material Pool
Pink Bull: (June 10, 2021)Sergio Pérez has backed the entire Pink Bull Racing Honda staff to maximise their automobiles’ potential after his maiden victory for his new outfit helped them lengthen their lead within the 2021 FIA System One World Championship constructors’ standings. Right here is all that you must know:
– After claiming two fourth locations, two fifths and an eleventh in his first 5 races after switching groups within the off season, the Mexican impressed final Sunday from beginning seventh on the grid.
– He slotted in behind teammate Max Verstappen as they seemed heading in the right direction late on for a 1-2 then – after the Dutchman’s blown tyre noticed him exit – noticed Lewis Hamilton make a uncommon restart error to carry on for victory.
– It was his second Grand Prix victory after profitable for Racing Level on the 2020 Sakhir Grand Prix and it means Pink Bull Racing Honda now lead Mercedes by 26 factors heading to the French Grand Prix.
– Pérez, who additionally lies 36 factors behind Verstappen within the 2021 drivers’ standings, believes that his victory was a end result of a robust staff effort from high to backside out and in of the cockpit.
– The 31-year-old, who was fast to reward reserve driver Alex Albon’s enter, revealed: “I really feel very, very proud to begin with. It simply reveals laborious work all the time pays off. It is an ideal increase for the entire staff to know that we received two automobiles that we will combat and we actually wish to win this championship.”