DURHAM, N.C. – Within the closing tune up earlier than the ACC Outside Championships, the Duke monitor & subject program is ready to honor the graduating senior class and host the Duke Twilight on Monday at Morris Williams Monitor & Discipline Stadium.
Girls’s monitor & subject enters the meet within the rankings for the third straight week, checking in because the No. 19 staff within the nation in accordance with the US Monitor & Discipline and Cross Nation Coaches Affiliation (USTFCCCA). The Blue Devils will play host to ACC rivals North Carolina, NC State and Wake Forest, in addition to one other native opponent in Excessive Level.
- Motion begins at 11 a.m. with the ladies’s hammer, adopted by the lads’s hammer at 12:30 p.m.
- Freshman Moorea Mitchell will likely be joined by sophomore Payton Little, who makes her return to motion after taking sixth within the hammer on the Tobacco Highway Problem for a private greatest. Mitchell took second and had a private greatest that day as nicely and is aiming to enhance on what was the fourth-furthest throw in program historical past.
- Redshirt senior Ben Beatty will compete within the closing house meet of his Blue Devils profession to headline the lads’s subject. Beatty is coming off a season greatest throw within the shot put and can now look to enhance his greatest within the hammer.
- Sophomore Keith Williams would be the lone consultant within the triple leap. Williams noticed success on the Tobacco Highway Problem in the identical occasion, with a season greatest 13.20 meters.
- Within the first closely represented subject of the day, the ladies’s lengthy leap options a few of the greatest within the nation. Graduate pupil Cha’Mia Rothwell owns a top-30 mark within the nation with a season better of 6.38m (20-11.25 ft) and will likely be joined by a number of versatile Blue Devils, together with senior Erin Marsh, graduate college students Elena Brown-Soler and Zoe Hughes, as nicely junior Nikki Merritt.
- Making his return to motion is freshman Scott Campbell, who’s trying to put a bow on his breakout common season within the javelin at 3:30 p.m. Campbell owns one of the best throw within the ACC this season of 68.77m (225-7 ft) and has held that distinction for greater than 5 weeks. The Blue Devils are the one ACC college with three javelin throwers within the top-10 within the convention, as Campbell is joined by graduate pupil Kiegan Lenihan and sophomore Luke Jackson.
- Sophomore Elasia Campbell is aiming to strengthen her season-best within the excessive leap, with eyes on each the rostrum on the ACC Outside Championships and the NCAA East Regional. Campbell’s mark of 1.74m (5-8.5 ft) ranks forty first within the NCAA East Area.
- Sophomore Kinsie Huggins set a private greatest within the shot put the final time she competed at Morris Williams Stadium and can purpose to strengthen her place earlier than the ACC Outside Championships.
- One other sophomore will look to place himself for postseason success, as Ezra Mellinger will headline the Blue Devils within the males’s lengthy leap. Mellinger’s season greatest is the eleventh furthest within the ACC and ranks fourth in program historical past at 7.42m (24-4.25 ft).
- Senior Ashleigh Rodriguez will signify the Blue Devils within the ladies’s javelin. Rodriguez got here simply 0.39m away from breaking the 50m threshold for the primary time in her collegiate profession on the Tobacco Highway Problem and is now hoping to maneuver up the nationwide ranks, at present sitting at forty third within the nation.
- Additional occasions within the night embody the ladies’s pole vault, males’s shot put and males’s excessive leap. Graduate pupil Julia Valenti has her eyes on the NCAA East Regional within the pole vault, getting into with the twenty ninth greatest vault within the nation. Beatty will compete in his second occasion of the day within the shot put, whereas 4 Blue Devils, together with sophomore Beau Allen (eighth highest clearance within the ACC) are set to assault the lads’s excessive leap.
- The night concludes within the subject with the lads’s and girls’s discus. Beatty and Little are again in motion and joined by decathletes and graduate college students Evan Lee and Harry Lord.
- Competitors begins in fast succession at 5 p.m. as the lads’s and girls’s 4x100m relays open the day. The college record-setting quartet of sophomore Joseph Laster, senior Miles Mingo, graduate pupil Alex Schwedt and Mellinger are again and aiming to set a brand new high mark.
- Senior Leigha Torino and freshman Will Atkins headline a Blue Devils subject within the 800m. Torino is aiming to greatest her outside season opening run of two:07.33, whereas Atkins appears to greatest his top-20 ACC time of 1:52.09.
- The ladies’s 100m hurdles are set to get underway subsequent. Rothwell and Marsh stay two of the strongest brief distance hurdlers within the area and can headline a well-represented Blue Satan subject. Rothwell’s season greatest and program file is the tenth quickest within the NCAA East Area and Marsh ranks twenty fifth.
- The Blue Devils will preserve a powerful presence within the 400m this weekend, with a number of high rivals slated to run. On the ladies’s aspect, graduate pupil Iman Sule and sophomore Jenna Crean need to enhance on their season bests as soon as once more. Sule sits nineteenth in NCAA East Regional qualifying whereas Crean is 58th.
- Mingo will lead the Blue Devils contingent on the lads’s aspect of the 400m. Mingo’s private better of 47.26 seconds this season ranks fourth in program historical past and he’ll now try and greatest that and enhance his positioning for the NCAA East Regional.
- Graduate pupil Brittany Aveni is ready to return to the 100m, hoping to interrupt her personal college file of 11.41 seconds set this season. Aveni ranks forty sixth within the nation and twenty ninth in NCAA East Regional qualifying within the occasion and has eyes on enhancing these ranks.
- Recent of a program file within the 400m hurdles, senior Lauren Hoffman is hoping to leap to even better heights and will likely be joined by Merritt and graduate pupil Danielle Okonta. Hoffman holds the twelfth quickest time within the nation, seventh quickest within the NCAA East Regional qualifying and second within the ACC at 57.54 seconds.
- Graduate pupil Connor Atkinson can be hoping to interrupt by way of with a brand new private greatest after recording the quickest time within the 400m hurdles in 22 years at 52.22 seconds.
- One of many quickest risers within the Blue Devils monitor & subject program is sophomore Rory Cavan, who holds the forty first quickest 1500m time in regional qualifying and has been an amazing match within the occasion since debuting in it this season. He’ll lead a crowded subject of Blue Devils within the 1500m.
- The ladies’s 200m subject includes a plethora of proficient sprinters, together with new program file holder Aveni, fourth-fastest time holder Rothwell, Marsh, Brown-Soler, sophomores Carly King and Crean and lots of extra. Aveni holds the eleventh quickest time within the nation, whereas Rothwell checks in at 71st.
- Freshman Victoria Patterson has been a pure match within the 3000m steeplechase and is aiming to enhance her private better of 10:28.20 that ranks forty fifth in NCAA East Regional qualifying. Patterson will likely be joined by freshman Emily Cole and sophomore Ryan Thompson within the males’s occasion.
- The ultimate occasions of the day would be the distance runs, with the lads’s and girls’s 5000m concluding the motion. Recent off one of many high 10,000m instances within the nation, senior Michaela Reinhart leads a subject of six ladies and is joined by 2021 ACC Indoor Silver Medalist within the 5000m Sara Platek.
- Seven of the eight rivals within the males’s 5000m are Blue Devils because the staff sends its most prolific distance runners for a closing push earlier than the ACC Outside Championships.
To remain updated with Blue Devils monitor & subject, comply with the staff on Twitter, Instagram and Fb by looking “DukeTFXC.”